Tuesday, May 11, 2010

jungle rot mixes /// rockabilly


In a few recent reviews of my band, Waylon Thornton and the Heavy Hands, the reviewers have called me a hillbilly. Some have even gone as far as to say that the hillbilly influence in my music is what keeps me from getting anywhere.

Well, fuck that. I like hillbilly music. I love my endearing redneck family and neighbors. Since moving out of the cluster fuck of a city that is Gainesville, FLA, I've seen a decrease in migraines and my general disposition is good. 

That being said, I wanted to make a mix of some hillbilly music that I like and share it. These are some old old rockabilly songs and a few newer things in there. 

JANIS MARTIN, BLOODSHOT BILL, TRINI LOPEZ, ROY ORBISON, ETC...
Check it out and if you dig it, lemme know. I'd like to make more of these.


-WT

No comments:

Post a Comment