Sunday, April 4, 2010

l.a. metal ///


Pishko posted not long ago about the BOSS DS-1 distortion pedal. Those are good pedals, but if you're like me and got a lot of your equipment as hand me downs from your dad, you might have one of these. 

The IBANEZ L.A. METAL distortion pedal is the only distortion pedal I've ever used (unless you count a Big Muff PI, but that's a fuzz pedal so fuck you,) and it has never let me down. It's not just your standard crunchy and loud. This thing sounds like a semi truck crashing into a glass cathedral. It's intended for that Motley Crue 80's sound, but it works perfectly for damn near anything. Warm, heavy, and full sounding. 

The casing it's in is also heavy duty like a damn tank. As a matter of fact, the entire pedal is mega durable. Mine was passed down to me from my dad and I've been gigging with it since I was 15. 

You can find one of these online for around $50. 

-WT

1 comment:

  1. one motherfucker in Ireland stole me this amazing piece of art noise.
    when I saw "My Booldy Valentine", I understood the value of this piece of great shit.. best deep distortion ever

    ReplyDelete