Tuesday, May 4, 2010

jaded hipster choir /// don't stop the party on my account


Usually I'm the first one to say "fuck that electronic bullshit" or "remix? remix my dick!" 

I'm that guy. Electronic music is a hard sell with me, always has been. I hate bands like WASHED OUT and the legion of bands who want to be that dude (what kind of name is Ernest, anyways? A dumb fucking stupid name.) 

JADED HIPSTER CHOIR is not part of that group of wannabes. Two people, from what I understand, named THOMAS AND FRANNY, tweaking songs into twitchy pop gems. 

"DON'T STOP THE PARTY ON MY ACCOUNT" is mellow, but there is enough going on to keep your attention. Warm synth waves and a crunchy beat drive this song in a loopy, yet straight path.

They describe themselves as "chillwave", but fuck all that Carles speak. This is solid, lo-fi electronic pop that would make those weird dudes in AIR smile.

Check out JADED HIPSTER CHOIR'S "DON'T STOP THE PARTY ON MY ACCOUNT" on their "RELAX E.P." over at BANDCAMP.


-WT

2 comments: