Thursday, February 11, 2010

sit and spin ///

 

I realize this blog is generally a music blog. That's what it's intended to be, but to be honest, it's also my personal blog. That being said, I'm having one of those days where I just want to fucking annihilate 90% of the universe and piss on the parts that are still on fire. 

I'm tired of the bullshit dick face hierarchy of the "blogosphere" and the control it seems to have over music. I'd almost prefer the record industry being in control again, because at least with them hard work does actually mean something. Not that I'm currently having any issues with my musical endeavors (because I give my shit away for free,) but the issue is with what seems to be a trend in music that is all flash and no substance. The substance being weed. What the fuck is up with this?

"HEY DUDE LET'S GET STONED AND JUST FUCKING SIT AROUND AND SHIT OKAY?"
"OKAY DUDE, THAT SOUNDS TIGHT AND SHIT."

"WUTCHU WANNA LISTEN TO? WE GOTTA HOOK THIS JOINT UP AND SHIT."

"MAN DOG, I DON'T CARE DOG. SOMETHIN' CHILL AND SHIT. JUST SET YOUR IPHONE ON THE KEYBOARD. SOMETHING MINOR AND JUST LET THAT SHIT RIDE AND SHIT. YEAH MAN THAT'S MY SHIT!"

"THX GOD MY 'RENTS GOT ME THIS TIGHT SYNTH WITH MY TRUST FUNDZZZ!"

=



Fuck these dudes. Fuck that Hipster Runoff dude. Fuck everybody that thinks Washed Out is revolutionizing music. You motherfuckers ever heard Air?

I'm a music snob. Totally 100% and I admit it with no shame, but I'd rather listen to Lady GaGa than half of the shit Pitchfork is repping these days.

 

 There are solid dudes and dudettes out there making earnest, heart felt music and they're getting swallowed up in the valley of dicks. It makes my brain hurt.

If you're tired of the shit, send me your music and we'll get something started.

LET THEM EAT DICKS.

-WT

No comments:

Post a Comment